Monday, January 30, 2012

Hi, all. Hopefully people who are running into my little blog is having a better time in their lives than I am. With taking time off to just study for the step, I haven't really felt the need to go out or really get dressed out of my PJs for that matter all that often. So I've been in bum mode and really just have some fun with nails and making food. Yes, I do realize that I should be studying but one can only study for so long at least in my room that is... Probably the worse choice in my life to agree to have a TV in my room. There is so much on TV that you can watch when you absolutely have to study, don't you think?

There is a wedding coming up in the next few weeks or so so I'll actually have to be dressed up and since I'm visiting the boy's family, I'll actually have to look decent... which leads to... more shopping!!!! YAY! I have been able to score a few cool things on great deals lately which I am super excited about that I'll post in the near future. But currently, some of the things I have been able to procrastinate with are my nails. I have to say with the amount of times that I have been changing my colors, I still SUCK at applying even coat, especially the pretty light pastel colors. But I have been getting better at doing gradient nails. After being submerged in the sciences for so long, doing my nails provide a much desired creative outlet my little brain wants.

Please ignore my funky looking fingers... I was all sorts excited when I found the bluish-purple nail polish in my collection and since only having one color on my finger nails bore me, I rummaged through my pile of nail polish for the next perfect colors to do gradient nails with. I don't know the nails of the bluish-purple and the red-glitter polish that I used because both came from the mini nail polish collection SEPHORA always puts out during the holidays and the middle pink/silver glitter color came from AVON. Then I finished the top off with a red glitter top coat just at the tip to intensify the red color. I have to say that this is one of my most successful gradient look yet! Now onto the first of a few hauls that I did...

My first pair of Miu Miu shoes. I actually got these for a great price from Neiman Marcus. This particular pair is a little too big for me, but since they were soooo pretty and they didn't have it in my size, I just got the larger size but I re-spotted on their website for smaller size, so I'm just waiting on those babies to arrive! Hopefully those will fit better! According to the website, it's about 4.7" high so it is a fairly high heel but it is still comfortable although having the shoes not slip off my feet may help increase the comfort. But I do love the soft pink sole and the velvet bow. I don't always go for super girly shoes, but I had to when I spotted these.

Hope y'all have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment